No 2 Portishead
Weston Clevedon & Portishead Railway Home

Copyright © 2004-2015

Paul Gregory  

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via e-mail Share on Google Bookmarks

Built: 1890   Maker: Manning Wardle & Co Ltd    Makers’ No: 1134   Bought: 1907

Withdrawn by WC&P: 1926 Scrapped: 1931 or later

Photo reproduced with permission from Christopher Redwood


This, the second loco to be named Portishead, was bought secondhand from Jackson of Stowmarket, who built the Portishead extension. This loco hauled the first train to run to Portishead on 7 August 1907, having being bought specifically to support the extension. It was replaced by an LBSCR 0-6-0T Terrier also called No 2 Portishead! It was sold to William Cowlin & Son for use on the Power Station at Portishead. Wheel diameter was 3ft.

No 2 Portishead 0-6-0ST